Monday, June 17, 2013

Preliminary Hearing

The preliminary hearing was held today in Mom and Dad's case.  Basically it was a mini-trial to determine if there was enough evidence to hold Jose Huckleberry over for trial.

I believe this was the hardest day I have had endure in this whole ordeal to date.  They played the 911 tape from the call Mom made.  It was very short but I was amazed at how calm Mom seemed giving the exact address before the line went dead.

Some of the officers in the case were called to testify.  The details were very hard to hear.  Thankfully the judge did rule that there was enough evidence to go to trial.  The arraignment will be Friday morning.  It will be very short and Jose Huckleberry will have to enter a plea.  The prosecuting attorney believes he will plead not guilty.  Most likely the trial will not start for another 9-12 months.

Although there is still a long way to go I know God will see us through this.  I have been reading in the Old Testament lately and I have been struck with the number of times that God defeated Israel's enemies without Israel having to do anything.

Over and over again, one impossible thing after another happens to give Israel victory.  Weird things.  Things that could never happen in the natural.  It really is amazing!  I am confident that God will bring victory for our family in this case.  I don't know how He will do it but He will do it.

I do appreciate the prayers of my church family and friends.  It is only through those prayers that I made it through this day!  I am blessed!  I cannot imagine not having that incredible support!  Thank you all so much for lifting my family and me up before our Lord.

2 Chronicles 20:16-19 (The Message)

This is God’s war, not yours. Tomorrow you’ll go after them; see, they’re already on their way up the slopes of Ziz; you’ll meet them at the end of the ravine near the wilderness of Jeruel. You won’t have to lift a hand in this battle; just stand firm, Judah and Jerusalem, and watch God’s saving work for you take shape. Don’t be afraid, don’t waver. March out boldly tomorrow—God is with you.”  Then Jehoshaphat knelt down, bowing with his face to the ground. All Judah and Jerusalem did the same, worshiping God. The Levites (both Kohathites and Korahites) stood to their feet to praise God, the God of Israel; they praised at the top of their lungs!

Thank you, Lord, that You go to battle for us!  Father, bless the detectives and prosecutors in this case.  Bring justice for this most unjust act!  In the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment