Friday, April 25, 2014

Three Years

It was three years ago this morning that my parents were brutally stabbed to death in their own home.  In some ways it seems it was a lifetime ago and in other ways it seems like just yesterday they were at my house celebrating Easter.  My friend, Bob Grossman, commented that he sat behind us at the sunrise service that morning.  My adopted momma, Barb Zuspann, met my dad at the church breakfast that same morning as well. 

The phone call from my dear brother, Dave the next morning was almost surreal.  It just could not be.  They had just been at my house the day before.  What was he talking about?  Mom and Dad both dead?  But it was real.  In the blink of an eye they were gone.

In the years since I have been through a plethora of emotions.  For the most part I have been okay but the times when I am not - when life seems to keep throwing me more curve balls - I have sincerely doubted my ability and my willingness to keep going.  Just when I think I'm fodder for the looney pen God's peace comes through and I continue on. 

The constants in my life are many and I know God put all of them there.  My family, kids and now grandkids no less, what a blessing!  My ladies Bible study group - Praying Heiresses on Demand (PhD's), my mixed small group, Sinners and Saints, and the ladies of cell block C in Sangamon County Jail.  They all have blessed me richly and keep me going!

But one other constant that God brought to me is Danielle Loftus.  In a tragic jet ski accident July, 2010, this beautiful 14 year old girl suffered a traumatic brain injury.  Since that time she cannot eat, talk, walk, or even voluntarily move her limbs.  God has laid it on my heart to pray for her.  Nearly every Friday afternoon I go to her house and pray for her healing. 

I know God will heal her.  He has spoken to me that her healing is here.  He has shown me that her miraculous healing will usher in a wave of revival unlike any we have ever experienced here before!  Dad had prayed for and saw many people healed in the years before his death.  He seemed to be most effective when praying for people with head and back problems.  That is Danielle.  My brother Stephen and I both prayed for a passing on of Mom and Dad's spirit after their deaths.  I feel Danielle's healing will come in part because of their faith.

Danielle has just turned 18.  Her class is graduating from high school this year.  She cannot get the years back but God can restore what has been taken from her and her family in other ways.  Let's throw a curve ball to Satan.  Please join me in praying for Danielle and her dear family.  Oh the joy that will be released when droves of people turn their hearts to The Lord!  God is moving and as a friend said recently, He is the ultimate multi-tasker!

Be sure to give your loved ones a kiss and a hug.  Tell them in no uncertain terms how much you love them.  There is no guarantee of tomorrow!

Genesis 50:19-21 (The Message)

Joseph replied, “Don’t be afraid. Do I act for God? Don’t you see, you planned evil against me but God used those same plans for my good, as you see all around you right now—life for many people. Easy now, you have nothing to fear; I’ll take care of you and your children.” He reassured them, speaking with them heart-to-heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment