Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving

Sometimes people ask me how I can be happy, go on with my life, smile, etc since Mom and Dad were murdered.  Sometimes I do not but for the most part I do.  I have so much to be thankful for...really.  I am not just saying that.  I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

God keeps using me and blessing me in huge ways.  I have an amazing, loving family.  I have good relationships with my children and grandchildren.  I have wonderful friends.  I have a job I enjoy and fun people working with me.  My church is a blessing to me.  My pastors care about me and pray for me. 

This blog would be very long if I tried to name everyone who has blessed me and supported me.  But without them I doubt I would even be writing this at all.  God has provided richly for me. 

God knows what I need long before I have any inkling that I even need anything.  Nothing that happens to me comes as a surprise to God.  Where would I be without my family?  My church?  My Christian friends and mentors?  My fellow Bible study ladies?  My workplace?  I cannot imagine going through the past 19 months without them.

It does not matter what my circumstances are in this broken world.  My joy is in my Lord who loves me with all His heart.  After all, He gave His only Son to save me!  If you are going through difficult times this Thanksgiving season, I implore you to examine your life and make a list of all the things you can be thankful for.  If you start with the little things, it will not be long until you see the big things that God has provided for you as well.

Psalm 100 (The Message)

A Thanksgiving Psalm

 On your feet now—applaud God!
    Bring a gift of laughter,
    sing yourselves into his presence.
 Know this: God is God, and God, God.
    He made us; we didn’t make him.
    We’re his people, his well-tended sheep. 
 Enter with the password: “Thank you!”
    Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
    Thank him. Worship him.
 For God is sheer beauty,
    all-generous in love,
    loyal always and ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment