Sunday, March 17, 2013

Zemirah Ann

I have a new granddaughter!  Zemirah (pronounced zeh-mee-RAH) was born Thursday, March 14th.  Her name is Hebrew for joyous song.  Her middle name, Ann, means favored grace.  I love her name!

When Stacie first found out she was pregnant she felt she was going to have a boy but God showed me she was having a girl and her name would be Joy.  Even though I shared that with Stacie right away, she was trying out many different names and wondered what I thought about this name or that name.  Finally I said, "You can name her whatever you want but she will always be Joy to me."  After that Stacie began looking for other names that meant Joy and settled on Zemirah.

Even though Zemirah was born very quickly (only about 3 hours of actual labor), she broke her arm during delivery.  Her right arm is broken between her elbow and shoulder.  Doctors say it will heal very quickly - between 4 and 6 weeks.  With so many people praying for her I am sure it will be healed much sooner than that!

I am saddened  by the fact that this is Mom & Dad's third great-grandchild that they will not be able to meet.  All four of their great-grandchildren will have to grow up without ever knowing their great-grandparents personally.  I will do everything I can to make sure that my grandchildren know about my parents.

However I take great joy in knowing that Mom & Dad have been praying for these precious children for years.  They were in the habit of praying through the generations.  Now that is my habit.  I not only pray for my grandchildren that are here but also for those who will not be born for years to come.  This includes those that will not be born until long after my physical death.  It is amazing to me that we can do this.  Our prayers can have impact for centuries to come!  As a matter of fact the Bible tells us that our prayers are as incense to God!

Revelation 5:8b (New International Version)

Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

Yesterday my brother, Stephen called and said as he focused on Zemirah's name and it's meaning he felt she would become a worship leader.  Nothing would make me happier!  Stephen's wife, Kate died last February after a long battle with ALS.  I think it's only fitting that I choose Kate's favorite verse as Zemirah's life verse.

Zephaniah 3:17 (New Living Translation)

 For the Lord your God is living among you.
    He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
    With his love, he will calm all your fears.

He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment