Friday, April 6, 2018

Another Easter

Even though it was not on the anniversary of Mom and Dad's death again this year, Easter is still a hard time for me.  Easter was the last time I saw Mom & Dad, spent time with them, worshipped with them, prayed with them, and talked to them.  It was a wonderful visit and I am so grateful I had those days with them just before they left their earthly bodies but it has left every Easter since then bittersweet for me.

Even though their deaths weigh more heavily on me during the month of April the truth is, I miss them everyday and I suppose I always will.  This year marks 7 years since their passing.  I know they are in a much better place but I am not.  I look forward to the day I will see them again.  What joy that knowledge brings to me!

Ironically, it is because of Easter that I know that day is coming.  So I strive to focus on that fact and rejoice that my Savior lives.  Yes, Jesus died a cruel death after being tortured and ridiculed.  He bore all my sins and yours, too.  He was separated from His Father for the first time ever.  He lay in the grave physically dead seemingly and defeated.  But then came Sunday...

One of my favorite "Easter" hymns growing up was Christ Arose.  I love how after talking about "low in the grave He lay..." the music builds and then comes "Up from the grave He arose, with a mighty triumph o'er His foes, He arose a Victor from the dark domain, And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.  He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!"

By the end the music is at a crescendo.  It always gives me goose bumps to consider Jesus' victory over death!

My ladies Bible study group just began a new study called, Goliath Must Fall by Louis Giglio.  Tonight we considered that truly satan is dead.  Jesus defeated him and we know how it ends, with satan's eternal death.  We do not need to fear him or his demons...ever!  Jesus gave us all authority over him.  It IS finished!

Romans 8:38-29 (The Passion Translation)

So now I live with the confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate us from God's love.  I'm convinced that his love will triumph over death, life's troubles, fallen angels, or dark rulers in the heavens.  There is nothing in our present or future circumstances that can weaken his love.  There is no power above us or beneath us - no power that could ever be found in the universe that can distance us from God's passionate love, which is lavished upon us through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One! 

Hallelujah!  Christ arose!




No comments:

Post a Comment