Sunday, February 5, 2012

Daniel

I would be remiss if I did not tell you about my nephew Daniel.  He is the son of my brother, Stephen and his wife Kate.  Daniel is very special but not just because he was born with a severe form of cerebral palsy. 

Doctors did not give Daniel much hope when he was very young.  They said he would never be able to walk, communicate, or basically function.  Boy, did he prove them wrong!  With supportive loving care and a lot of determination at the age of 23 not only does Daniel walk but he was an amazing caregiver to his mother as she lost the use of her muscles.  When Stephen was at work and Vanessa was at school and work Daniel took care of Kate.

Daniel is amazingly spiritual as well.  He has an incredible faith and more Biblical knowledge than many people I know who have been Christians all their lives!  He loves to listen to praise music and sermons.  He constantly has his iPod or CD player going.  And he doesn't listen passively.  He worships! 

Daniel is also a prayer warrior.  He can bring down the power of the Holy Spirit.  He loves to pray for people.  He knows how to pray in different situations to bring the Holy Spirit in and make a huge difference.

It breaks my heart that kids have bullied him because of the way God created him but he is a prime example that God doesn't make mistakes.  God doesn't look on the outside but rather His main concern is our heart. 

I am SO proud of you Daniel!  I have a lot to learn from you!  I love you!

Psalm  40:1-3 (The Message)

I waited and waited and waited for God. At last he looked; finally he listened.
   He lifted me out of the ditch,
      pulled me from deep mud.
   He stood me up on a solid rock
      to make sure I wouldn't slip.
   He taught me how to sing the latest God-song,
      a praise-song to our God.
   More and more people are seeing this:
      they enter the mystery,
      abandoning themselves to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment