Monday, February 27, 2012

Aunt Sis

Today is my Aunt Sis' birthday.  Aunt Sis (Marilyn Mitchelle Edwards) is my Mom's sister and best friend.  Can you imagine growing up with your best friend and always having them around?

Mom and Aunt Sis spent most of their birthdays together.  As a matter of fact, we spent most of our birthdays with Aunt Sis and Uncle Virgil.  It was never anything fancy or expensive.  Just an awesome home cooked meal and home made cake with a few gifts to open.  Just being together was enough.  Knowing how far Virg, Sis, and their boys traveled to be with us (or vice versa - we would drive to them) was enough to make anyone feel special!

Family was important to Mom and Aunt Sis and each one of us kids were made to feel so loved!  I cannot imagine growing up any other way.

When my kids were growing up, Aunt Sis and Uncle Virgil made time for them as well.  Taking them fishing and just hanging out.  Their time spent with us was precious!  I am so grateful that they valued us enough to take time out of their busy schedules to get together.  We never did live close to them mileage wise but that did not matter.  Our families made time for each other.

What a wonderful legacy I have!  If you have not seen your family or spent time with them lately, drop everything and go see them!  Make time!  None of us have any promises of tomorrow.  Do not take today for granted! 


2 Samuel 7:28-29 (The Message)


"And now, Master God, being the God you are, speaking sure words as you do, and having just said this wonderful thing to me, please, just one more thing: Bless my family; keep your eye on them always. You've already as much as said that you would, Master God! Oh, may your blessing be on my family permanently!" 

I love you Aunt Sis!  Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment