Monday, April 30, 2012

Not An Accident

Yesterday I shared a journal entry Mom had written about being created in the image of God - for God and by God.  The next day, she continued the thought.  On December 17, 2002 she wrote:

Your Are Not An Accident

God made me so He could love me.  He prescribed every detail of my body...race, color of skin, hair, and every other feature.  God chose my parents - He knew that those two individuals possessed exactly the right genetic makeup to create the custom me He had in mind.  They had the DNA God wanted.  Knowing that God uniquely created me, I will accept my personality and physical appearance and move on to discovering His purpose for my being here today.  My plan is to address Christmas cards, write and mail a Christmas letter to our church family and send our kids and grandkids suggestions for a Time Capsule.  Perhaps I can write words of encouragement on these mailings.

God is my Creator.  I was in His care even before I was born!  Isaiah 44:2 "...He who made you, who formed you in the womb...will help you."

Again, I have typed this out exactly as Mom wrote it.  As I read what she wrote about her parents it caused me to think of my parents.  What wonderful DNA God prepared for me!  What could God possibly want to use me for and why is it taking me so long to figure this all out?

When I read the line that said "perhaps I can write words of encouragement" I chuckled.  Mom wrote words of encouragement to so many people over the years!  Her notes and cards always had a positive thought.  Even when she gave books or bookmarks to me or my kids she would write a note of encouragement on them. 

I am so blessed to have her for a Mom!  I have so much to live up to with my own kids and grandkids as I struggle to follow in her footsteps!  Lord, help me to hear Your voice!

Isaiah 44:2-4 (The Message)

God who made you has something to say to you;
   the God who formed you in the womb wants to help you.
Don't be afraid, dear servant Jacob,
   Jeshurun, the one I chose.
For I will pour water on the thirsty ground
   and send streams coursing through the parched earth.
I will pour my Spirit into your descendants
   and my blessing on your children.
They shall sprout like grass on the prairie,
   like willows alongside creeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment