Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ancestry

My Dad had been tracing our ancestry quite diligently with the help of Ancestry.com before his death.  His sister, my Aunt Frankie, picked up where he left off.  She has discovered that our branch of the Willingham family traces back to several English kings including King James (yes the one that had the Bible translated into English)!

We do have a lot of preachers in our family but since all the ones I knew were simple Baptist preachers, I was surprised to learn that we are related to this very famous king!  While this is pleasing and interesting news, I want to tell you (and I know Mom & Dad would concur) if you are a Christian, you are the child of The King of all Kings!  No matter how great our physical ancestry might be it cannot hold a candle to our spiritual ancestry!

Mom and Dad would also want you to know that there are no grandchildren in the Kingdom of God.  Each one of us has to personally come into the intimate Father/child relationship with our Lord through His Son Jesus.  We will not enter heaven based on the faith of any of our ancestors.  Even if you are a descendant of King James himself it will not help you get into heaven!

John 14:6-7 (New Living Translation)

 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.  If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!”

I know that God was not surprised when Mom and Dad were killed.  Although it was a shock to me it was not a shock to Him.  If even one person comes to know God as their Father because of their deaths I know they would say it was worth it!  Simply ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and become Lord of your life and you too will be a child of God!

Revelation 21:5-7 (New Living Translation)

 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.”  And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life.  All who are victorious will inherit all these blessings, and I will be their God, and they will be my children.

You can begin all things new, too!  No matter where you are in life, God wants to give you a fresh start.  If you have accepted the invitation to become a part of the family of God, or if you want to know more about how to do this, please leave a comment.  I would love to connect with you and send you a free booklet to help you begin your faith walk.  Yes, my parents were wonderful people who loved God with all their hearts but they would want all of you to know they were not loved by God any more than you are.  Warts and all, God loves you just the way the you are.

Revelation 22:17 (New Living Translation)

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Donna, that is truly amazing! I love reading your blogs.I am very active in my church, currently serving 3 years as a Deacon, amongst other missions. I love getting to know this side of you. God bless!
    KATHY BACON

    ReplyDelete