Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Angels 2

I wrote about angels on August 4, 2011 but I feel the need to write about it again only this time I'm going to use Dad's own words.  I hope you will go back and read the first post I wrote on angels.  

Some people can become obsessed with angels which is not good.  We are warned in God's Word not to worship angels but that does not mean we should forget about them and act as though they are not there.  The Holy Spirit reminded me just the other day that our prayers actually bring angels to our aid and empowers them.  We must never forget the spiritual warfare we are in!


I was going through some of Dad's writings over the weekend and came across this one.  If you knew my Dad you would recognize that these are indeed his very own words: 

Warning: I am chasing a rabbit here. There is a question floating around in my mind. “If people can be demonized, why can’t they be ANGELIZED?” We have a clock that projects the time on the ceiling of our bedroom. When I wake up in the night, I can look up on the ceiling and see the time. Numerous times here of late, when I wake up in the night and look up to see the time on the ceiling instead of seeing the time, I see people. I strain and try to get my eyes focused to see the time, but I only see people. One night I saw my father. However, most often I see one, two or three girls with golden hair dressed in white. They are beautiful and they move. Being slow to think, I just wanted the moving pictures of people to get off my ceiling so I could see the time. But the other night, I saw my two sisters that are presently in China, Bonnie and Frankie. This really startled me and immediately I asked the Lord why did I see my two sisters? I thought that something might have happened to them. No answer came. Then I asked the Lord why was I seeing the pretty (apparently preteen) girls? The Lord responded by telling me they were angels sent to watch over me. The next night the girls’ image morphed into three young ladies dressed in business clothes. The next night, the ladies changed into typical looking angels with long flowing robes and wings, except for one. He had no wings but He had a beard and started rising up and disappeared into the clouds. I heard Him say to me, “I am the Lord” after his image disappeared. WOW! I have much more confidence since that encounter. I thank The Lord that He cares enough to send his angels to watch over and minister to us.  “Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?” (Heb 1:14 AV) God is so good.


Back to my question about why can’t people be “Angelized”: there is no question that demons can have a significant negative impact on people. Demons are fallen angels. If that is true, then why cannot the Angels of heaven directly influence our lives, (behavior and attitudes)? Just remember Gideon. “And the Angel of the LORD appeared to him, and said to him, "The LORD is with you, you mighty man of valor!"” (Judges 6:12 NKJV)  The angel influenced his confidence to go from hiding from the enemy, to leading the Israelites to victory over the enemy. Now, I not only try to be open to hear what the Holy Spirit tells me, but also I try to know what the angels God has sent to minister to me are doing for me. “For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.” (Ps 91:11 NKJV). Believe me I need all the help I can get.


When we stand in obedience to the Lord, preparing to step out for the Kingdom, the enemy tries to intimidate us. What would our faith be like if our eyes were opened, like Elisha’s servant, and we could see a multitude of angelic chariots? Would that embolden us if we knew that there are more of “us” than there is of the enemy trying to intimidate us? John tells us: “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.” (1John 4:4 NKJV) I venture to say that indeed, if we really believed that, we would step out with courage to speak to someone about his salvation, or pray for someone who is hurting. When we realize that angels are present, who would back away from a fight with the enemy?


Certainly not you, Dad!  How I love you and miss you!

Psalm 34: 6-8 (The Message)

 When I was desperate, I called out,
and God got me out of a tight spot.

 God’s angel sets up a circle
of protection around us while we pray.

 Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—
how good God is.
 Blessed are you who run to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment