Thursday, September 1, 2011

Family

I am anxiously awaiting the "Nana" call from my oldest daughter.  We are expecting Jayden Troy to come any day now.  Personally, I'm hoping he'll come on September 10th, my parents wedding anniversary.  Actually, my Aunt Sis put the thought in my mind awhile back.  What a fitting tribute to their wedding...their 2nd great-grandson born on the very day they were married! 

No matter what day he's born, it will be a blessed day!  My mom loved babies!  She could sit and hold a baby for hours on end and never seem to tire of it.  Thanksgiving Day, 2009, my grandson Kristopher was only 7 weeks old.  I think Mom held her great-grandson the entire day!

I've found myself on an emotional roller coaster this week.  Being in Mom & Dad's house was hard.  Dad's birthday is Sunday, their anniversary is the following Saturday and I'm expecting to meet my precious grandson for the first time within the next week or so.  It's almost too much to bear!

But praise God that life goes on and He keeps blessing my family with beautiful, new innocent lives.  What a blessing and what a responsibility!

Deuteronomy 6:5-9 (The Message)
 Love God, your God, with your whole heart: love him with all that's in you, love him with all you've got!
 Write these commandments that I've given you today on your hearts. Get them inside of you and then get them inside your children. Talk about them wherever you are, sitting at home or walking in the street; talk about them from the time you get up in the morning to when you fall into bed at night. Tie them on your hands and foreheads as a reminder; inscribe them on the doorposts of your homes and on your city gates. 

Psalm 27:1-5 (The Message)
If God doesn't build the house, the builders only build shacks.
   If God doesn't guard the city,
      the night watchman might as well nap.
   It's useless to rise early and go to bed late,
      and work your worried fingers to the bone.
   Don't you know he enjoys
      giving rest to those he loves?

  Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
      the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
   Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
      are the children of a vigorous youth.
   Oh, how blessed are you parents,
      with your quivers full of children!
   Your enemies don't stand a chance against you;
      you'll sweep them right off your doorstep
.

I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment