Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Heaven

I keep stumbling across notes of Dad's that seem as though they were meant for my family today.  I know it has to be God directing me.  In one of Dad's older Bibles he had note stuck in Revelation.  He had underlined Revelation 22:17 which is one of my favorite verses.  I have quoted it for you before but it bears repeating.  I like it best in The New Living Transalation.

The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.

 Here is what Dad wrote:

My children are a blessing to my life.  They have good jobs, they are doing well in their lives.  But I see more than that.  I think of Doug finishing swim lessons when we lived on Guam.  I see Dave riding his bike with "no hands".  I picture Stephen loving our dog and feeding the horse.  I remember Donna in the school play and president of her class. I think of piano recitals, band concerts, track meets, marriage ceremonies, grandchildren.  I know I can't wait to spend eternity with my family.  

Heaven will seem like it was made for you and you alone because heaven is made for you, the saints and children of God.  The party is not here!  It's there!  Celebrate the souls that are saved!  One day I will see you at the HOUSE!  I will be free from this body with it's aches and pains.  We are made for another World!  

Some days drag and other days fly, but one day Jesus will call my name.  I'll be singing "When We All Get to Heaven" with new gusto!

I love that hymn, too.  I can hear Dad singing now:

Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty we'll behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold.
When we all get to heaven, 
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing and shout the victory!

I can't wait to sing it with you, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment