Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Great Grandson

What a day today has been!  I had a phone call from my son-in-law, Troy, at 5:58 a.m.  He and my daughter, Sarah, were at the hospital and things were progressing.  Sarah wanted me to be there.  I got dressed, threw a bag together and hit the road but before I could get there, Jayden Troy was born.  He just wouldn't wait for his Nana.  It's okay.  Nana forgives him.

I had thought how great it would be if Jayden were born on Dad's birthday (September 4th) or Mom and Dad's anniversary (September 10th - which also happens to be his Great-Uncle Stephens birthday).  Jayden had other ideas.  As I thought about it during my drive, today is the perfect day for Jayden to be born.  It's Jayden's day and it's halfway between the other dates.  Born on 9/7/11 at 7:11 a.m.  Perfect!  Of course, I should have known.  After all, God's ways are perfect! 

Jayden Troy (JT) is perfect in every way.  He's as cute as he can be.  His coos are the sweetest sound ever!  His beautiful feet are huge, just like his Daddy's!  I know Mom & Dad would be proud of their grandson!  Born to their firstborn granddaughter.  It really drives home to me the fact that life does go on.  I can't wait to tell JT all about his Great-Granddad and his Great-Granny.  I'll tell him how much they loved him.  How they drove all the way from Springfield, Mo just to find out if he was a boy or a girl.

I'll also make sure he knows how much they loved the Lord.  I want him to know of his rich spiritual heritage.  How they prayed for him for years before he was conceived.  How they prayed for his children and grandchildren as I now do.

Yes, life does go on.  So do our memories.

Psalm 127:3-5 (The Message)
Don't you see that children are God's best gift?
      the fruit of the womb his generous legacy?
   Like a warrior's fistful of arrows
      are the children of a vigorous youth.
   Oh, how blessed are you parents,
      with your quivers full of children!
   Your enemies don't stand a chance against you;
      you'll sweep them right off your doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment