Thursday, August 25, 2011

Friends

It was 4 months ago today that my parents were stabbed to death in their home.  Police are still diligently working on the case.  My prayers, and the prayers of so many others are that justice will be done.  I truly do want an opportunity to offer forgiveness to whomever is responsible for their horrific deaths.  Even if justice never comes through our justice system, I know in my heart that God's justice system is perfect.

Psalm 94:12-15 (The Message)
How blessed the man you train, God,
      the woman you instruct in your Word,
   Providing a circle of quiet within the clamor of evil,
      while a jail is being built for the wicked.
   God will never walk away from his people,
      never desert his precious people.
   Rest assured that justice is on its way
      and every good heart put right.


I know God will provide justice in His perfect timing.  In the meantime, life goes on.  Where would I be without my precious friends?  I am so blessed by my many friends all over the world and am grateful for every one of them but the ladies of my Bible study group are truly a gift from God!  We study the precious Word of God together, we pray together, we share each others burdens (and never gossip about them!).  I know God brought them into my life to strengthen me through this time.  I am so grateful!

Mom & Dad were blessed with many friends as well.  I keep hearing from people who were touched by them and who remained friends with them for years.  They had so many friends that they shared Christmas cards with and caught up then.  Many friends they would see at the General Baptist annual meeting and catch up on kids and grandkids.  Friends that prayed for each other and encouraged each other.  How blessed they were!  I thank God for all of their friends who continue to pray for our family!

Romans 12:11-16 (The Message)
Don't burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant. Don't quit in hard times; pray all the harder. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality. Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath. Laugh with your happy friends when they're happy; share tears when they're down. Get along with each other; don't be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don't be the great somebody. 

Thank  you, my dear friends for your love, support, prayers but mostly for your friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment