Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gift

I've been in the Global Leadership Summit all day today.  It's simulcast from an amazing church, Willow Creek, in the Chicago area.  It was exhilarating, educating, uplifting, and draining all at the same time!  There's still another day left.  I can't wait to hear all the amazing speakers slated for tomorrow. 

Today, Cory Booker, the dynamic young mayor of Newark, NJ gave quite a stirring talk!  Despite his many degrees from universities like Yale, Oxford and Harvard, he attributed his parents as being his greatest teachers.  He stated that the best gift God ever gave him was his parents.  I have to say that I feel the same!

How grateful I am for the things I learned from my parents and the many gifts they passed on to me!  Because of them I know the love of God firsthand and have received salvation through His infinite grace!  Because of Mom & Dad, I know that faith works.  Because of them, I know that I can trust God. 

No matter what may come my way, even their horrific deaths, nothing will shatter my faith and trust in God.  As my oldest brother said at the funeral, I don't know why this happened but I do know God is still on His throne and He is in control. 

In our Beth Moore DVD study of Revelation last night, Beth said that the ultimate weapon Satan has over us is death.  The fear of death can be stifling to some.  Praise God, Jesus not only rose from the grave, He conquered death!

I Corinthians 15: 54a - 57 (New Living Translation)

“Death is swallowed up in victory.
 O death, where is your victory?
      O death, where is your sting?” For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.  But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mom & Dad did not fear death.  I will not let Satan have any victory in their deaths!  As my dear friend, Sheryl prayed with me after they were killed, "Lord, be glorified through their deaths!  Satan will be truly sorry he ever thought this evil act would put an end to their ministry!"

Thank you, Lord for the amazing gift of Mom & Dad!  May you receive all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment