Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Mind

In the summit I attended recently a young pastor spoke about having an audacious faith.  He based it on the Scripture in Joshua 10 when in the midst of a battle Joshua asked God to stop the sun.  He was running out of time before darkness ensued.  He needed more daylight to finish the battle.  Can you imagine such a request?  Would you dare to ask such a thing of God?  I don't think I'd have the faith to do such a thing aloud in the presence of so many people!  What if nothing happened?  How stupid would I look?

In the past several years Mom & Dad had been experiencing that kind of faith.  They had begun seeing many miracles of all kinds but mainly in the area of healing.  Dad had been working on writing much of what God had been showing them concerning supernatural events.  One article Dad had written and sent me was entitled "Get a New Mind Set".  In it he had outlined how church doctrine had changed over the years regarding miracles.  Unfortunately thru the centuries the mainstream church began to teach that miracles were for Biblical days.  However, God began showing Mom & Dad He still worked supernaturally. 

Of course, over the years Mom & Dad had seen God's Hand of protection and provision working thru their ministry.  But now they were experiencing miraculous healings!  Things that had happened to them in the past could have been construed by some to be coincidences but what they were experiencing now could only be described as supernatural!  Eyesight restored, backs healed, legs healed, cancer healed...they were acquiring a long list!

That was what the young minister, Steven Furtick, was proposing to us.  He is so sure that God still performs miracles that he wrote a book based on Joshua 10 entitled "Sun Stand Still".  I haven't finished it but as I was reading it I reminded so much of what Dad wrote that I had to stop and go back to Dad's article that I had not looked at for well over a year.

I know this is getting long so I'll write more about it later but I wanted to plant the seed in your minds (and remind myself!) that God does indeed still work in supernatural ways today!  One of the Scriptures Dad referred to in his article was one that God has been speaking to me about for years. 

Romans 12:2 (New Living Translation)
"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Joshua 10:12-14 (The Message)
"The day God gave the Amorites up to Israel, Joshua spoke to God, with all Israel listening:
   "Stop, Sun, over Gibeon;
   Halt, Moon, over Aijalon Valley."
   And Sun stopped,
   Moon stood stock still
   Until he defeated his enemies.

 (You can find this written in the Book of Jashar.) The sun stopped in its tracks in mid sky; just sat there all day. There's never been a day like that before or since—God took orders from a human voice! Truly, God fought for Israel."

God is fighting for you and me, too!  Dare to ask for the impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment