Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rejoice!

A year ago last fall I got tickets to a Beth Moore Live weekend in Springfield, IL.  I took my Mom and my oldest daughter, Sarah.  None of us had ever been to a Beth Moore event before and really didn't know what we were in for.  We had no idea what she would be teaching on.

This one happened to be about John the Baptist.  At first I thought, "Really?  John the Baptist?"  I thought I knew a lot about John the Baptist but as the seminar progressed I realized I knew very little about John the Baptist.  It's amazing how Beth brought the Scriptures alive!

My parents had come up for the weekend as had my daughter and her husband.  While the 3 of us went to the seminar, my Dad, son, and son-in-law golfed.  Later we had a family dinner in honor of Sarah's birthday and my birthday.  It was a big weekend! 

As I was in the kitchen working on dinner, I heard Mom talking to Dad.  She had her notes out from our 6 hours of study.  She was excitedly sharing all the highlights with Dad.  She kept saying, "I wish you could have been there!"  It was so sweet that she not only wanted to share with Dad, but she was excited about what she had learned!

Dad was very demonstrative.  He often got very excited over anything to do with the love of a God, a new understanding he had of Scripture or in a worship service.  His excitement was contagious.  Mom was very quiet and reserved.  When she got excited, I paid attention!  The next year, I got tickets for all of us, Mom, Sarah, Dad and I to go to a Beth Moore weekend seminar.  I wanted Mom to be able to share the experience with Dad.  I'm sure they discussed all they had learned the entire trip back home!

In this weeks Beth Moore Revelation study, Beth was sharing about the rejoicing we will experience for all eternity.  The phrase, rejoice and be glad, was not used together often in Scripture.  The definition of glad from the Greek "agalliao" means to leap for joy, exult, rejoice with exuberance, etc.  Talk about excitement!  Revelation 19 is the beginning of the rejoicing as we've never before experienced it!

Revelation 19:6-8 (The Message)
Then I heard the sound of massed choirs, the sound of a mighty cataract, the sound of strong thunder:

   Hallelujah!
   The Master reigns,
      our God, the Sovereign-Strong!
   Let us celebrate, let us rejoice,
      let us give him the glory!
   The Marriage of the Lamb has come;
      his Wife has made herself ready.
   She was given a bridal gown
      of bright and shining linen.
   The linen is the righteousness of the saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment